Rev Michelle had served Clergy Support Memorial as an Appointed Designated Minister since April 23, 2012. After a full and active eight years, the Board was in full agreement to raise her to the rank of Ordained Minister on December 12, 2019. Numerous members of her community have benefited from her counselling ministry. Her background in the Social Services field, along with the giving of her time, her ability to listen, and her outgoing personality help guide and ground others in their journey.
Education and awards
- Bachelor of Art-Sociology, York University
- Diploma – Early Childhood Education
- Certificate of Achievement – Canadian Ministers Institute
- Certificate – Mental Health First Aid
- Parliamentary Certificate of Recognition for exceptional community efforts
Community Service/Pastoral Work
- Provides Funeral and Celebration of Life services, and aiding with the planning of services
- Conducts wedding ceremonies when requested
- An avid supporter and ambassador to the United Way Greater Toronto
- Mentor young people and Newcomers to Canada
- Financially support various charities
- Past president for youth organization – Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corp
- Volunteer on non-profit charity runs and other activities.
Michelle enjoys travelling and immersing herself in people from around the world, absorbing their cultures and traditions.
She works hard at keeping fit, and at the age of 40 started studying Taekwondo. Taekwondo is a Korean martial art similar to Karate. She’s achieved her Red Belt Senior and working towards her Black Belt.
Rev Michelle is a glass half full person with strong feelings about her faith, the importance of life-long learning, health and wellness. She is a valuable contributor to her community and Clergy Support Memorial.
You must be logged in to post a comment.