Clergy Support Memorial Church is an Affiliate Member of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities.
We adhere to their five Standards of Accountability:
- Christian Ministry. We demonstrate our commitment to the Christian faith.
- Diligent Governance. Our charity is governed by an independent active board.
- Financial Oversight and Transparency. Proper oversight is via an independent financial audit and public disclosure of financial statements by www.BDO.ca.
- Organizational Integrity. We understand and comply with federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
- Ethical Fundraising. We are ethical in all fundraising activities.
Clergy Support Memorial Church, Ontario is part of the emerging church movement and is a member of Clergy Support Memorial Church, Canada.
Our emphasis is not primarily on buildings as in the traditional churches. Our emphasis is on outreach to those members of the public who have no source of Pastoral Care through house churches, chaplaincies, e-churches, weddings, funerals, and baptisms.
We believe God calls us to “go” and minister where people are, not to wait for them to come to where we are at 11 on Sunday morning. That is the mandate of Christ’s “Great Commission” in the Bible.
Our headquarters Church in Ottawa became incorporated by Letters Patent on May 27, 1997. It was recognized as a registered charity May 27, 1998.
Beginning with one minister in 1994, the national Clergy Support Memorial Church now has over 700 Ordained and Appointed, Designated Ministers (DM) in various Provinces.
Definitions and descriptions of how we minister vary from Province to Province but we always follow the individual Provincial Marriage Act to the letter of the law.