Rev Janet was raised to the rank of Ordained Ministry on January 6th, 2019. She has been a valued and active member of Clergy Support Memorial Church serving as an Appointed Designated Minister from April 18, 2013.
After a review of her service over the past five years and the recommendation of the Board, we are pleased to confirm she accepted our invitation to be Ordained in January 2019.
Living in a rural area, Janet has a wide and varied Ecumenical ministry of Pastoral Care. Along with her own very busy ministry, she is an Outreach Minister serving a number of religious and community organizations helping to fill their needs in various responsibilities.
At Sunday services at the Trinity Anglican Church, she is the Eucharistic Assistant (administering the Eucharist), Server (preparing the elements for the Eucharist), a Crucifer (for processional, recessional and during funerals and baptism), a Liturgical Reader (leading the prayers during the service) and a scripture reader.
She preaches sermons, leads Ecumenical worship services during her rounds at local nursing homes, and assists and/or officiates at funerals and other Life Celebrations.
Pastoral Care Activities
Besides volunteering as a board member with the West Parry Sound Hospice, Janet visits at West Parry Sound Health Centre, Gardens of Parry Sound, Lakeland Long Term Care, Belvedere Heights Home for the Aged and home visits for shut-ins and at end of life. She often assists patients in their home following surgery so that they can leave the hospital sooner.
Help is always needed and happily accepted in administrative roles too, where she acts as Secretary to the Muskoka Deanery Lay Readers Association and the Deanery of Muskoka.
Rev Janet offers bereavement counselling, working with patients with terminal illness as well as the family and spouses of patients to help prepare for the end of life, cope with anger and grief, and identify supports available to them.
Janet also ministers with organizations such Beaver Creek Minimum Security to assist inmates with reintegration by supervising placements within the community.
- Big Sisters of Parry Sound – Treasurer
- Big Brothers & Sisters of Parry Sound – Secretary
- Scouts Canada – Cub Leader, Group Committee Treasurer, District Commissioner
- Hospice West Parry Sound – Treasurer
- Foley Agricultural Society – President, Secretary and Treasurer
- Friends of the Foley Library – Secretary/Treasurer
- Foley Recreation Committee- Member
- Parry Sound Motorcycle Association – Treasurer
- Parry Sound Choral Collective – Treasurer
- Trinity Anglican Church – Sunday School Teacher, Treasurer, Vestry Clerk, Rector’s Warden, Lay Reader, Server, Eucharistic Assistant, Crucifer, Synod Representative
- Deanery of Muskoka – Secretary
- Muskoka Deanery Lay Readers Association – Secretary
- Parry Sound Little Theatre
- Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario – Certified Expert in Family Law
- Scouts Canada – Good Scout Award, Long Service Award (25+ years)
Rev Janet admits her #1 hobby is knitting for charity. Cooking is a close second, and catering gives her the opportunity to show off her skills, having catered meals for up to 400 people.
Event planning and fundraising is also one of her passions. She was part of a team responsible for organizing the Sportbike Rally and Foley Fall Fair and for bringing Handbags for Hospice successfully to Parry Sound, raising $30,000 in the first year and increasing over three years to $72,000.