The Clergy Support Memorial Church Board was in full agreement to Appoint the Rev Teresa Hunt to the office of Designated Minister – Counselling and Pastoral Care on June 6th, 2018. Teresa is energetic, generous and a people person. Her many years of professional service to the public coupled with her passion for worthy causes make her easy to talk to and highly adaptable to the needs of her community. Rev Teresa is an advocate for those less fortunate, and she works to make a difference in people’s lives.
Academic Credentials and Professional Membership
- Canadian Ministers Institute Certificate – 2020
- Dental Asisstant Diploma, Levels 1 & 2, Everest College, Mississauga – 2003-2005
- Law Clerk Diploma, Seneca College, Toronto – 1994
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
Raised and educated in the Presbyterian faith tradition, Teresa is drawn to a multi-denominational spirituality. Her pastoral approach has a definite non-denominational point of view as she has learned that people express their faith in numerous ways, which do not always conform to any particular religion. Her belief is that ministry goes beyond our mission to preach the gospel, it is it about living it in our day to day actions; showing love, compassion, and kindness to everyone.
- Teresa currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Local Services Board in Britt and Byng Inlet, a provincial organization providing municipal-level services in a community that is not part of an incorporated municipality.
- Board of Director member for the District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board, providing and promoting of services that assist individuals in attaining optimum quality of life, contributing to the well-being of the community.
- Former president of the Board of Directors of the Histiocytosis Association of Canada, a not-for-profit organization that provides advocacy, public and professional education, patient and family support, also promoting and supporting of research.
- Former member of the Board of Director of the Landlord Self Help Centre in Toronto, a not-for-profit specialty community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario, and mandated to provide support exclusively to Ontario’s small landlord community.
The most favourite past time for Teresa is gardening and taking the time to get out and appreciate the great outdoors on her hobby farm. For those evenings where there are no work commitments, you will find her in the kitchen cooking and baking surprises for the family to enjoy. Family is important to her, and family includes her dog Hank. She enjoys knitting, crocheting, and making bath products. Reading of course, should not be forgotten.
In her own words
“I want to express my heartfelt thanks to Clergy Support Memorial Church for the opportunity to represent them in Byng Inlet and area; along with providing me with another way to serve my faith in my community.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.