Kathi Kelly has been an Appointed Designated Clergy serving the church since February, 2011. She is a trained professional Chaplain and Social worker. The Board of our Church has reached out to Kathi and offered to raise her to the status of an Ordained Minister which she graciously accepted. Accordingly, by unanimous vote, the Board of Clergy Support Memorial Church voted to receive her into the Ordained Ministry.
Her academic credentials are impeccable, both in Chaplaincy and Minister and Pastoral Care.
- BSC Kent State University
- MSW George Williams College. Now Concordia in Chicago
- CAPPE Units at University Hospital in London (Chaplaincy Training)
Pastoral Care Credentials
- 15 years as Family Support Coordinator at Hospice Simcoe
- Patient Support Coordinator in MH in Oxford County with Woodstock General Hospital
- Chaplain at University of Western Ontario
- Chaplain at UH Hospital in London
- Occupational Therapist at Alexian Brothers Medical Center in Chicago for 9 years.
Member of Critical Incident Stress Management Georgian Team for 22 years.
- Providing debriefing/defusing to first responders.
- Educating agencies on PTSD and pre and post trauma care.
Group Facilitator at Grieving Children at Season’s Centre for 19 years.
- Supporting grieving children, teens and parents following the death of a loved one.
- Facilitating groups pre and post death in schools and workplaces.
Training and facilitating care for persons and families dealing with end of life issues.
- Speaker at Illuminating Conversations in Barrie for public conversation around end of life issues.
- Funeral Celebrant on invitation.
- Clogging 6 years
- Singing in chamber choir for 12 years
- Quality time with my husband of 37 years, adult children and two dogs
Spirit of the Child Award at Grieving Children at Season’s Centre.
You must be logged in to post a comment.