Rev Charles was Appointed a Designated Minister on March 22nd, 2011. After seven years of ministry with the church at that level, our Board has decided that the quality of his ministry and his life’s experience is deserving of being moved to the rank of the Ordained Ministry. Carried unanimously October 15th, 2018.
- St. Paul’s University (Ottawa, Ontario) – Combined degree in Ecclesial and Civil Theology.
- Wadhams Hall College (Ogdensburg, New York) – obtained the required Philosophy courses to qualify for entry into Theology.
- Sault College of Applied Arts and Technology (Sault Ste Marie, Ontario) – Finance and Sales Management
- Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology (Sudbury, Ontario) – Developmental Services Worker Certificate.
- Manitou Conference – Safe Boundary Training.
- Pastoral Institute of Northern Ontario – Level 1 Counselling.
- Senior Counselor in a group home for developmentally delayed adults.
- Supervisor in a group home for developmentally delayed adults.
- Rehabilitation Case Manager.
- Chaplain in Long Term Care (15 years).
- Currently employed as Congregational Care Coordinator, St. Peter’s United Church, Sudbury, Ontario.
Pastoral Care Activities
- Pastoral visits to hospitals (Health Science North), long term care homes (Extendicare York, Pioneer Manor, St. Josephs Villa), to the bereaved, private homes and congregants who just need to vent and be listened to. This involves patient listening and often prayer.
- Representing St. Peter’s United Church twice a year celebrating communion (consecrated by the minister) with those who are no longer able to attend church.
Giving Back to the Community
- Outreach to the LBGTQ2+ community (informing folks that there is a safe space to worship in Sudbury); information tables at a program called Classroom Closet sponsored by Reseau ACCESS Network, Pride in The Park, and Laurentian University during their Pride week.
- Charles sits on a committee organized by the Greater Sudbury Police Service called SAFE DISCLOSURE.
Rev Charles participates in all programs offered by Manitou Intentional Learning Conference, and Lunch and Learns led by St. Peter’s.